SOUTH PEARL STREET ASSOCIATION (SPSA) – FUN FACTS
Did you know that the South Pearl Street business district IS NOT financially supported by the city of Denver or any other city/state entity?
In order to build and maintain the eclectic culture of the 1200 to 1800 blocks of our street,
the South Pearl Street Association (SPSA) was formed over 41 years ago.
These blocks are supported entirely through membership dues and the entrepreneurial efforts of the voluntary merchants association.
The SPSA exists for 3 distinct purposes:
1. to financially fund and promote the appeal of South Pearl Street to all of Denver, Colorado
2. to financially fund and promote the common interests of the South Pearl Street merchants
3. to cultivate and enhance the relationships among member businesses, and between member businesses and the surrounding community.
The following benefits, assets and events on South Pearl Street are made possible by the SPSA:
1. 3 Street Arches: purchase, installation, power, maintenance, and insurance
2. 40 Street Lamps: purchase, installation, power, maintenance, and insurance
3. 60 Flower Pots: purchase, seasonal planting, watering and maintenance
4. 15 Trees: purchase and maintenance
5. Tree Illumination: purchase, power and maintenance
6. Seasonal Street Decorations (street lamp banners and decor): purchase and maintenance
7. 26-27 weekly Farmers Markets that bring thousands of weekly patrons to the street every Sunday
8. Special events within the Farmers Market:
– Homesteading in the Hood
– Car Show
– Pet Adoption Fair
– Chili Cook off
– Flea Market
– Salsa Showdown
– Halloween Kids and Family Parade
9. Five Seasonal Festivals bringing over 20,000 patrons to the street annually:
– BrewGrass Music and Beer Fest
– Blues & Brews Music and Beer Fest
– R&B Rosé & Beer Fest (sponsored by the SPSA)
10. Seven First Friday Interactive Art Walks recently enhanced to bring new patrons to our street annually
11. SouthPearlStreet.com website development and maintenance including monthly featured merchants
12. Aggressive social media marketing, posting and interaction for events and merchants of South Pearl Street
13. Six annual SPSA merchant meetings that are open to all businesses of South Pearl Street
The SPSA is able to financially support all of the benefits listed above through:
1. Merchant Membership dues (under $20 a month)
2. Farmers Market vendor fees and commissions
3. Festival sponsorships and ticket sales
ADDITIONAL benefits for dues paying members of the SPSA:
1. A FEATURED business profile on SouthPearlStreet.com including a photo, description, and link to your website
2. Exclusive invitations to seasonal merchant mixers and holiday gatherings
3. Exclusive opportunities to share ideas and be involved in future street improvements and events
4. Exclusive opportunities to be nominated for a position on the SPSA board
5. Exclusive opportunities to share posts through South Pearl Street’s social media
6. Exclusive vendor booth space opportunities and discounts at all Farmers Markets
7. Exclusive vendor booth space opportunities and discounts at seasonal festivals
8. Exclusive opportunities to volunteer at any of our events
9. Proud community donors to local and global beneficiaries
The third Wednesday of all odd months (Jan, Mar, May, July, Sept, Nov) from 8-9:30am at Stella’s Coffee Haus, 1476 S. Pearl Street, Denver, CO 80210.
(Meetings are now being held via Zoom during Covid).
Membership Types & Annual Dues
Each business is a member with one primary contact. Up to 5 additional members are allowed under each business entity.